Re: [MV] Generator - bad gas

From: Paul Vandervort (pgv@mydb3.com)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 09:56:33 PDT

Here's a good one. My dad has this old Oliver crawler. One day he
couldnt get it running. I finally got a chance to take a look at it. It
had gas, spark, air but wouldnt run at all. I took the mag apart,
checked the carb, looked at everything. Gas smelled fine too. After
about 2-3 hours of checking EVERYTHING three times I took a wild shot at
the gas. Poured some on a rag and put a lighter to it and it would NOT
burn at all! Smelled like gas, looked like gas (yes fresh gas), but
would not burn at all. I have never seen anything like it.

PauL Vandervort
MVPA 437