Re: [MV] Generator - bad gas

From: Paul Vandervort (pgv@mydb3.com)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 10:23:03 PDT

        And yes me again:

          I have access to 100LL (100 octane Low Lead) avgas. In
"experimentation", running typical auto gas will leave this sooty/oily
deposit in the exhaust pipe. Running Avgas leaves this very light dry
deposit that is almost translucent. Totally different worlds. Really
makes you wonder just how clean all those lousy "blends" of fuel that
are shoved down out throats really are.

        Gee, we all got screwed by the "DoGooders" about leaded gas poisoning
all the children with lead poisoning. I would really like to see what
the stats are before and after NoLead are. I grew up fine with Leaded
gas around me. ;-# ;-@ ;-& ;-= ;-///

        A few years back I was in Arizona. We took a hop over to Nogales just
to say I've been in Mehico. While I was loitering around I noticed this
smell I recognized but couldn't place it. Finally I figured it out. It
was that leaded gas that (at that time, but I don't know if it's still
so) is/was still allowed to be sold in Mexico. I also noticed a totally
different gas exhaust smell when I was in Texas (Dallas area) versus gas
in the Demokkkratic enclave of ILL.

Paul Vandervort
MVPA 437
INMVPA 007