Re: [MV] Generator - bad gas

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 13:31:26 PDT

Hi Paul,

I've been involved in aviation since my second tour in Vietnam in 1969. I
agree with what you said and I have done the same thing when working for
FBOs before my big jump into the airline business. We would always mix a
quart of Varsol with 20 gallons of Avgas at the advice of one of the older
Mechanics at the FBO. I ran that for years along with Aeroshell 100 as my
oil. I sure do miss those days! I was in way back when the Avgas was
various colors for the different grades. Enjoyed the heck out of everything
that I learned over the years and I miss it so badly that I can taste it!

A short funny one for you, I went through working with Skydrol hydraulic
fluid for a while and then having to use the restroom very badly. The Lead
wouldn't let me go until I told him I would either go to the restroom or pee
where I was standing. This of course was what they were waiting for! I had
to go so badly that I never noticed that all of a sudden the other
Mechanics, Forement and even the Manager had the urge at the same time.
Well, if you have ever been exposed to Skydrol you know what happened to me
when I finally got "it" out and started to relieve myself! The burning was
so bad that when it hit I couldn't do anything! We had a rather large,
round, foot operated sink that became my newest friend for a rather long
time!! No worries, I got the next new guy the same way that I was had! :-)
Then of course sending people for 50 yards of flight line, a bucket of prop
wash, a box of jet blast, etc. We sure enjoyed our jobs in the early
years!!

Best Regards,

Ed