Re: Diesel & cooking oil

From: mark@ehle.homelinux.org
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 04:36:26 PDT

When I say not as clean, I do not mean dirt. I mean water, methanol, lye, and
glycerin; all are present in small amounts in un-washed biodiesel. As I
understand it, diesels don't want any of these chemicals, but a furnace burner
will tolerate them. Particulates are another matter, and I will filter them out
as well as I can.

Yup, you are right, having your furnace die at 10 degrees is not a pleasant
experience. Been there, done that. Also unpleasant is paying the $350-$400 bill
every time the dang oil truck pulls into my yard! An event that happens all too
often at my house in the middle of winter.

Mark