Re: More Generator Talk

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 12:47:16 PDT

Manual for the generator is TM 5-6115-585-12 at ETM online...

GENERATOR SET DIESEL ENGINE 10KW 60 HZ

MODEL: MEP-O03A

NSN: 6115-00-465-1030 (MEP-003A)

TM 5-6115-585-12

TO-35C2-3-455-1

NAVFAC P-8-623-12

TM-05684C/05685B-12

VOLTS: 120V 1PH.

120/240V 1PH.

120/208V 3PH.

PF: 0.8

AMPS: 104, 52,34.7

DRY WT: 1220 LB (MEP-003A)

m LG: 62 IN

W: 32 IN

HGT: 37 IN

1-10. Description. Power Unit PU-753/M is made up of one Tactical Utility
Generator Set, DOD Model

MEP-003A, mounted on a modified M116A2 trailer. The generator set is an
air-cooled, diesel

engine-driven unit with a load capacity of 10 KW at 60 Hz. The trailer is a
two-wheeled unit with a 3/4-

ton carrying capacity. The modifications to the basic trailer provide
stowage for the accessories and

all equipment necessary for mobile operation as well as providing a work
platform for the operator and

maintenance personnel. Figures 1-1 and 1-2 illustrate the power unit with
the fitted cover removed to

show the generator set. ----- Original Message -----