Relief work in Mississippi and How was the Augusta show?

From: Mr. Trapp (GotaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 11:24:38 PDT

I spent the weekend in Biloxi and therefore missed the rally at Ft. Gordon.
Anybody want to give a report. I was really looking forward to attending
and meeting some of the mysterious figures here on this list.

As for the off topic subject of hurricane relief, I would like to mention a
few things about our trip to Biloxi. If you don't want to read about that,
please delete now.

This was the second trip our group has make and my first with the group to
Mississippi. Spent Friday driving, Saturday cleaning up trees with my
mini-excavator and Sunday morning removing debris from a lot near the ocean
where the house had been completely destroyed. Got home about 12:30 Sunday
night (Monday morning). Put 1300 miles on the Ford. I chose not to load up
the deuce and take it. As it turns out the mini-excavator was the right
tool for the job. I was able to move more trash out to the curb in an hour
than ten men could have moved by hand all day. Made a few people very
happy. I just hate I didn't have more time.

If any of you guys have friends or family in affected area's tell them to
contact local churches and request help. I know us LDS are taking work
orders and I bet that most churches are. We didn't have a lot of work
orders when we left Sunday but the people I helped Sunday didn't know about
the help available. Now they do. Lots of crooks and dummies down there
trying to take advantage of the situation. You can't loose much when the
help is free. Don't get me wrong, some of the guys with us weren't much
help, but every little bit counts.

I didn't take a single picture. It just didn't feel right. It looks like
we are headed back in two weeks. Help out where you can guys, it's a real
mess down there. Our fuel is being paid for by donations from people who
are unable to go. With diesel at $3.49 a gallon that really helps us out.

Joe Trapp
Blythewood, SC