REPLIES TO THE LIST WAS Re: M1009 starter problem update

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 14:48:02 PDT

Todd says he got about 27 replies to his request for help.
    Looking back over the last 9 months of posts there appears to be 49
M1009 owners active on the list. I didn't count the M1008, M1010 and M1028

owners/posts, but there are a bunch. Unknown is the number of lurker owners.
    Maybe if you folks posted your answers to the list AND the person with
the problem, you would be helping the others on the list. You know, like at
noon time, 50 miles from the nearest computer. Where when the 'strange'
thing occurs and you'd think "hey, wait a minute! I read about this problem
and it's solution on the list a couple of weeks ago..." and we'd be on our
way.

    Lots of ON TOPIC posts keep the list healthy, people interested, and
keep people from wandering off to other lists.
    Might even keep the number of posts about DC-3s, Cooking oil and the
Spanish American war/Alternate History posts down because people would feel
there are too many MILITARY VEHICLE posts on the list and would take the
decidedly off topic posts to the appropriate venue.

    Don't be apathetic about the types of posts made to the list....work to
help keep the list on topic. Bitch and be proud you're part of the solution,
not the problem.

    Rantingly yours,
    Ronzo