Re: MV tachometer question

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 05:59:48 PDT

I found one from Tiny Tach ($65) http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/diesel.php
It has a transducer that goes around one of the injection lines. Not stock
looking by any means, but it will tell you your RPMs. I put on on my M1008.

If you are looking for a more stock look, there are some at Stewart Warner -
http://www.stewartwarner.com/Catalog/tach338eld.html I'm sure it will be more
than $65 though.

Jeff

--- DBaumanjr@aol.com wrote:

> Do any MV's use an electric tach?
> i.e. the tach is not driven by a mechanical cable like a speedometer, but is
>
> driven by electrical impulses from the ignition coil.
> I saw a picture of an M715 on evilbay a while back & it appeared that it had
> a deuce gauge cluster, with a tach. That set the gears in my thick skull
> noisily turning.
> Of course the M715 afore mentioned had been repowered.
> Please reply on topic to appease those that are bored.... ;-)
>

> Darryl Bauman Jr.
> [OlolllllllllolO]
> 1967 M715 w/winch

Yahoo! Music Unlimited