UPDATE FROM SSGT SMITH

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 05:36:03 PDT

Well all,
Boxes have started to arrive, from the new address no less. I have to Thank
personnally Chief Macagni, David Bryant, and The Barrow
Family.........Outstanding support that you all sent. Much appreciated!

The Doc loved the CD's and the rest of the team is listening to bits and
pieces that he tortures us with, "hey listen to this"......and "check this
song out"......so we amuse the young lad and listen to some of the best
music here in the theatre. The canned fruit is going fast, but I surmise
from the slurping that most of these chimpanzies parents didnt teach them
the simple art of using a spoon or fork. As I said I will take my 10% off
the top, and I do love the Teriyaki Jerky.......oh so good. I am almost to
the point to give George Baker some new pics to update my old site.
George.......I hope that your listening and ready to accept some cool
footage of RPS's blowing up stuff on the range. We have been shooting/cross
training with the weapons of the Iraqis so we can teach the new recruits the
how's and what's of the Ak-47 weapons.
To keep you all up to date as to what is happening around here, we did have
a little tent fire. Not one of ours mind you, but 33 of the tent city tents
were the Iraqi soldiers lived. Luckily they had all left for their parts of
the country to be Army types, so no one was around. But yes, 33 tents
(sized for about 50 people to live in) went up in flames in about 30
minutes. From start to finish, it was done. Now we have spent an entire
week cleaning up the rubble. Yes WE have been doing the cleaning, along
with a little bit of outside contractor work. But no worries there, the
good Jundi (thats Iraqi for Private) will be living in one hell of a nice
place after we set up the new quarters for them...........and they better
love it!!!!!

We have been on a few convoys to other camps. Our luck has held out with no
occurances of any shots taken at us, or any IEDS. But now that I said that
our luck will probably run out. No worries there either, we got some good
armour on our steeds. Abeit a little slow with all the weight on them (and
pulling a trailer) but still good.

I think the only thing missing around here is the lack of women.........all
they have here are the MAN DRESSES...........not a good sight to see a man
wearing a dress may I tell you. A little disturbing at times too.......
........Have you ever pulled up to the street light an seen the blonde hair
waving in front of you and thought.....hey she looks pretty good from the
back, only to pull around "her" to find the SHE is a HE!!!!!! Well same
thing around here............Damn man dresses. Though some of the Bases
around here are Coolition Bases, which means Polish, Checz, Brits, Ausys,
and a few cats and dogs (some more dogs than others if you know what I
mean).

Well that about sums up whats been going on.

Just wanted to Thank you all for your appreciation and packages that are on
the way (and the 4 that have gotten here!). The pictures will follow in a
short time, and I will give out the link again when I get them loaded to
George.

Thanks All, till next time..........

Cliff Smith
SSgt USMC in Iraq