M880 tranny

From: mkmvpa@juno.com
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 05:56:32 PDT

I have a 1977 Dodge M880. About a year ago I had a rebuilt tranny installed to replace one damaged by a front drive shaft that exploded. That transmission had an expanded capacity pan. the new one does not, would the same dip stick be used to measure fluid level in the expanded capacity versus the standard capacity? After setting for about 2 or 3 days the transmission starts to leak and I am wondering if it is getting over filled due to a false indication on the dip stick.

Any ideas on this problem would be appreciated,

Bob
MVPA#23437