Re: Electronic Rust Preventers

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 07:41:29 PDT

OK, gang:

>From my not-so-lofty position as an electronics engineer (retired from the
Lockheed Skunk Works),
I agree with Stu. Buffalo bagels! Their web site talks a lot about
sacrificial zinc technology, but
that's used to prevent electrolysis between dissimilar metals on boats,
offshore oil rigs, some docks,
etc. If you want to prevent rust, use a good coating that'll keep moisture
and air from combining on
your metal surfaces. Good products include Corroseal, spray-on truck bed
liner (without the anti-skid
material in it), Zebart Rustproofing, Rustoleum, etc.

Dick