Re: M1028 Dually on eBay......

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 11:45:47 PDT

Quoting Jim Cooney <triumphtrash13@eircom.net>:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Were any of you following ebay auction for item # 4581240180 ?
> Check out the final price. Bidding went a bit crazy!! Are M1028
> Dually CUCVs making this kind of money all the time?
> Nice truck though!
>
> Jim..... in Ireland.
> M1008 CUCV & S-250 Shelter.

I would say $13,500.00 was about twice what I would pay on ebay. I
might go as high as $8000.00 from a dealer with a ride and drive and a
warranty (this truck had none) if it was as good as it was represented
and it was still green. Of course, you know how cheep I am. This
truck is listed as black even though the color balance is off so bad it
looks kind of green on my screen. This truck also has the floor mat
still in it which may be hiding rust.

I tried to trade my 1998 GMC dually in after I got back from the show
in Atlanta (the one I had to put the new clutch in). The most I was
offered for it was $9500.00 in trade in.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi