Urgent: CUCV Smoking, Running rough.

From: Caleb Pal (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 11:30:30 PDT

Hello everyone,

I was driving my CUCV to my college classes this morning, and was pulled
over by an officer for a license plate issue. When I pulled to the side I
noticed my truck was running rough, and was smoking noticeably more out of
the left, or drivers side tailpipe. After I was cleared by the officer I
pulled into a parking lot, and looked at it. It was smoking ou the left
side, and none out the right. Its running rough, and shaking the truck more
than normal. The smoke is somewhat white/blue, and smells like unburnt
diesel fuel, and not like anti-freeze. I loked quickly around the head, and
didn't see any leakage indicating a blown head gasket. Any ideas? I thought
it might be a faulty injector dumping way too much fuel into one of the
cylinders. I drove it to my class, and by the time I got there it was still
smoking, and still running rough, maybe a bit rougher. It was now making a
tapping noise. Any ideas? I need to figure something out as I am living a
ways out of town, and need this truck to get back and forth.

Thanks,

Caleb