Re: Starting system thoughts

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 16:08:42 PDT

Well, Frank Cox sent me his diagnosis off list. He was the first to respond
so I decided to take a look at his suggestion. Frank suggested the
possibility of stuck valves so I pulled the valve cover. Low & behold I have 4 stuck
valves and 4 bent pushrods. This really sucks. I was hoping to keep the gasser
running for a while so I could get the multifuel swap together. Unless I can
figure out a way to get these valves unstuck with the head on the engine, I'm
screwed for a while. I've pecked at stuck valves before and freed them up.
These are stuck and thanks to me, they're stuck open now. I hate to put money
into the gasser! Man am I bummed.