Re: Starting system thoughts

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 14:31:43 PDT

Kenny, I would pull the starter off and clean it with contact cleaner/brake
cleaner. Careful!!! Nasty stuff!

Then I would pull all the sparkplugs and see if there's something other than
air in those cylinders.

Do a compression check on each cylinder, too. You might have a busted
crankshaft.

What does the voltmeter show before/during/after cranking? Do the headlights
dim when cranking? Might be bad connections at starter.

apb