Re: 6.2 smoke

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 06:58:57 PDT

Jim and List,

If your CUCV is still Military configuration
electrically then the shutdown solenoid is 12
volts not 24. The only devices that are 24 volt
on a M-1009 are as follows.
Starter...voltmeter on dash...starter relay under
dash...fuse on fuse block at 9 o'clock position
from flasher on bottom right side of fuse
block...resistance bank that feeds glow plug
relay..and last item I can remember is Slave
connection inboard of right headlight. Everything
else is 12 volt across the board including BOTH
alternators.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=10720&group_ID=1326&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog