Re: Urgent: CUCV Smoking UPDATE

From: Caleb Pal (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 17:31:33 PDT

Hello all,

I stopped into the shop today, and the mechanic said that #7 (Drivers side
rear) cylinder has no compression at all. All other cylinders in the bank,
left side, are around 400, which he said is good. He said it was either a
bad exaust or intake valve, or a hole in the piston. I don't think a hole in
the piston would make the taping noise I hard. I think its a bad valve or
lifter. He was going to compress the cylinder and see where the air came
out, I left before he did that. I will keep you guys updated.

Caleb