RE: Is it armour or armor?

From: J. L. (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 22:43:37 PDT

Ah, the French again...armour armor armoire...lol Well, how about this
version "armure" (as in chevalier) this refers to a knights armour.

Of course you might know the only city in America to be build below sea
level was sold to us by the French before we discovered you couldn't even
dig a cemetary there? New Orleans, what a swamp..wish they would buy it
back, but fat chance now that we wrecked it!

The Colonies got off to a good start with English, then we started
amalgamating different languages and who knows what we call our language
now, it's a bit of olde English and 100 other things I suspect. In my area
we speak some Thai, H'mong, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Portuguese and of

course English, more Spanish and English than the others by far, but it's
all fairly common depending on the particular area. In the U.S. state where
I lived before we spoke English, Hawaiian and Japanese in that order. In
Louisianna it's English, French, Spanish. It gets worse, the Spanish we
speak in California is a lot different than the Spanish they speak in Spain,
or even the Spanish they speak in Mexico! Funny country, eh?

Did you know we never resolved what our national language should be, even to
this day? In the begining (1776) we drafted the Constitution in German and
English because there were so many German speaking citizens, and way back
then there was some debate which language should be used as our principal
language! lol

au revoir mon amee' and cheers...

Jacques LeMay-Lee, Fr., Eng.,