Re: Mystery oil pressure problem

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 10:39:17 PDT

If you have a stock oil pressure pump, and you are running regular spec
  motor oil, then the oil pressure is determined primarily by the
clearance in the bearings. Since your motor is relatively new and
apparently they set the clearances either right on or a little tight,
then your oil pressure will run a little high. You may also have an
aftermarket oil pump which puts out more volume which can lead to higher
  overall pressures. A little high or little low is not generally not a
problem, a lot high can cause excessive oil pump wear. A lot low and
you usually have worn bearings or a pressure leak in the block.

Dave

daram@comcast.net>