E85 in a deuce, an experiment

From: Marc Strangfeld (mjstrangfeld@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 21:36:59 PDT

The other day I put 10 gallons of E85 in my deuce
which worked out to a 50/50 mixture with #2 diesel
fuel. The truck ran fine and I couldn't tell a
difference in power, sound, or engine smoothness.
However, the truck is extremely hard to start when the
engine is cold. Outside air temperature doesn't have
much difference. It is equally hard to start at 40
degrees as it is at 60 degrees. Normally with just
diesel the truck would fire immediatly at temperatures
down to 30 degrees. I've asked a few people what the
causes of this are and they tell me, "it's because of
the E85"...some people are just simple. I'm wondering
if those of you who have run gasoline or veggie oil
have noticed a similiar problem.

Marc

http://mail.yahoo.com