6.2 Injector Pump Leaking

From: Caleb Pal (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 23:31:49 PDT

Hello all,

Well while I was going through the fiasco with the mechanic and my truck, I
noticed the throttle shaft on my injector pump was leaking, on the drivers
side. Do many diesel shops rebuild these pumps? About what does it cost to
get one rebuilt? Does the whole truck have to go to the mechanic so they can
tune it? Or can I just send the pump in to get rebuilt and do the work
myself? How hard is it to take the pump off? I know the intake has to come
off, how do I take the IP off, and keep my timing settings? Is there a seal
I could replace myself, or does the whole thing need redone? Also, I am
thinking about getting injecotrs rebuilt while I am doing everything.

Thanks

Caleb