Re: Another 2 1/2 Wrecker

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 02:27:35 PST

APB, the frame length and wheelbase are the same. There is some definite
reinforcements to the frame all the way up under the cab. What I fail to see is

the spring lockouts on the front springs mentioned in the manuals. The frame
was doubled up using flat stock not anything formed so if one had a frame to
copy, it could probably be duplicated. My concern with mine was originality.
Everything looked right but I was a little suspicious for some reason. I have
the original Data plate in nice condition for its age but couldn't find
frame numbers right away. It was after I got home I finally found the number on

the frame. Its in front of the left front spring hangar and to my delight, it
matches the title and the data plate.I did a little cleaning on the Brake
Lock data plate and it looks almost new! Not bad for a 52 year old truck.
Another really cool thing is the swivel valve. With the stops removed, the crane

can spin in circles indefenitely!
Cool Stuff,
Kenny