RE: Detroit Diesel paint, Gama Goat filters, and rodent killage

From: Glen Closson (glen_closson@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 19:30:17 PST

Hmmm. A bit more challenging.

I supposed if you have enough dead critters on the grid, the other critters
could just walk over them.

Okay, consider this:

Make the grid into a drum that is slowly turning, but have it at a slight
angle. That way the dead critters could fall out after being fried.

Disclaimer: Don't do this, a person could be killed!

Rodent killing note:
The Lawrence Livermore Rad Lab (where these design nuclear devices among
other things) had a rodent problem, so they had their scientists design a
trap. It goes like this:

Materials needed:

Bucket with steep sides.
Yard stick (or meter stick for our SI unit friends).
Small hinge.
Misc small screws.

Yard stick is to be balanced on the edge of the bucket with one end hanging
over the water filled bucket.
Hinge is attached to yard stick and bucket. Bait is placed at the end of
the yard stick over the water.

Rodent goes to end of the yard stick to get the bait (that is firmly
attached to the yard stick).
Yard stick tips and the rodent falls in the water and drowns.
The stick board goes back to its resting state waiting for the next rodent.

Your tax dollars at work.

Regards,

Glen