Re: European VW Bug Question (NON MV)

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 18:24:46 PST

They are not directional signal semaphores. They are the rare "Dual Mode"
wings. No doubt you are familiar with the amphibious "Schwimmen-Wagen."

What your son has is the even rarer "Flieder-Wagen" It was nick-named the
"Penguin" by British troops, and "The best damned idea we've seen in a long
time" by the Bi-Polish Army.

The design never...how best to say..."got off the ground."

Arthur P. Bloom

"I'd rather have the German army in front of me, than have the French army
behind me." Gen. George S. Patton