SSgt Smith continuing saga......

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 01:47:46 PST

Listers,

To update most of you, and Thank others..........

Well to continue on the saga of what is being done and accomplished out here
in the wonderful deserts of the lost, and the lost world.
We have finally finished up the cleanup for the 33 tents that were lost in
the fire. All the tents have been rebuilt, re-tented, A/C'd, and filled
with racks (that make Ikea beds look like a brinks truck) and mattresses.
Most of this work has been done by yours truely! We have about 40 Americans
here at the training base that were in on all the work. Two complete days
just to build the racks themselves.
As of right now we have one battalion present and two more to show up. The
other day we went to the range to see how they all shot. Most of them
(using AK-47's of course) were hitting paper at 50 yards (meters) and some
were even giving us a run for our money.......but nothing like I shoot, they
were calling me "sniper". I had a few that couldnt even hit the target, a
paper silouette of a "man". This first string of fire was for BZO, Battle
Sight Zero (dont ask me how you get BZO out of that!!!! Ive Asked!) and
after the first string fired we would inspect the target with
them........low and behold (talking about the non shooters) no
impacts........after 2 more strings of 5 rounds.,........still
nothing..........and as the ole moving scene goes........"sarge there is
something wrong with the weapon.........(coach takes the weapon and shoots a
nice group)......."Aint nothing wrong with the dope ON the weapon its the
dope BEHIND the weapon"..........Interesting how some people close their
eyes when shooting...........Must be some now tactic.......like behind a
building too........

I also want to thank loads of people and clubs that have continued to send
more boxes than I can count, and keep track of, And believe me I try!!!!!

David Bryant.......Diana Cantu.....Marlena Barrow (and Russ).....The
Greenes.........Kevin Kimma and Crew.......Kellan Thomas..........Craig
Clifton........Anderson Surplus.....Jonette Smith...........Danny Macagni
(Chief of Police)..........Taylor Restorations............The entire MVCC
(Donna and Crew).......And as you can tell I have forgotten (I even wrote
this all from a piece of paper) a few in there also (I have gotten some from
my wife, Luanne, as well, Thanks Honey!).........Marcy Augello.........Sorry
for those that slip my mind right now.

We all from Team 1 of the MiTT, 7th Brigade, out of Numaniyah Thank each and
everyone of you for sending us all of these marvelous boxes from home. We
know that we mean something to each and everyone of you! And we Thank you
all for it. Last year I thought I recieved a load, and it was a lot, but
this year is more than I even imagined being sent.

I hope that all of this comes from this mentality: "I just dont know where
to send anything". And I have shown you all the way and where to send your
precious gifts from home. You all really have touched us in a way that most
never think of, the small things. And we Thank you for it.

Cliff Smith and Crew from Numaniyah
SSgt USMC in Iraq

M880 (4 sale)
M274A5