RE: Fw: OT-Swift Boat Veteran Supports U.S. Senate Candidate v. Colonel Sanders

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 05:12:59 PST

I wonder if anyone could help me decide who to vote for in the tory
leadership elections - David D or David C?

As far as I know, neither has any interest in collecting military vehicles.
So, I guess these two bastions of the British estabilshment, along with
various unknown American senators they are blissfully unaware that their
future lies in the hands of a military vehicle newsgroup.

However, in the Upper House in Westminster (House of Lords for those
unfamiliar with the terminology) sits Earl Atlee, he of the aristocracy. He
is a politician with relevance to our hobby, as he owns a Mighty Antar tank
transporter and i believe a Conquerer tank and is a regualr attendee with
this awesome rig - (the only one in private hands) at Beltring, War and
Peace.
  I believe that he and Lord Lovatt are the only Peers (Lords) still allowed
to raise their own private armies - we of course recall the Lord Lovatt's
Commandos on D Day, who pushed in land to relieve the British paras, across

the Orne, The Lord Lovatt distinctive in his roll kneck jumper with his
personal piper Bill Millin, marched at the front of his column, unpertubed

by the Germans, for most of whom had never seen a Scots piper before.

Lord Lovatt was played in The Longest Day by actor Richard Todd, himself a
D Day veteran.

Fortunately Thurdays daily telgraph continues its overview of Iraq by
identifying how totally inadequate the armour on the Armoured Humvees is
proving to be - this is groundbreaking journalism, re-einforcing how the
workd Humvee is now firmly in the english laguage, almost replaing the
generic term jeep which seems to know just apply to any civvy 4x4, wheras
"Humvee" is now the generic "media" term for almost any military vehilce
thats not a tank or large truck.

-