Protecting Yourself from Counterfit Checks

From: Mark W (mnm3693234@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 07:19:16 PST

I'm in the process of selling a truck and would like
to know how to protect myself from fake cashier's
checks or money orders, etc. What I'm dealing with is
in the $7000 range. In the past I usually insist on
cash, but I always run in the question of checks. Is
there a way to protect yourself? Can a bank determine
up front if the check is valid. I had once heard that
even if it is a cashier check, the bank I deposit it,
still wants a few days to see if it clears.

Thanks
Mark

http://mail.yahoo.com