Re: Protecting Yourself from Counterfit Checks

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 07:57:36 PST

I do not think there is a foolproof way, last sizeable sale I made I told
fellow to bring cash, US Currency, even then take to bank let them check for
counterfeit. - as to Money Orders, I have heard that even Postal ones are
not 100%, heard they can be phony just like the ones you can purchase at
some stores:
Further I know one person who did this and the MO company bankrupted and
absconded with the money, leaving person who purchased MO from a convenience
store with a worthless piece of paper.