FW: Protecting Yourself from Counterfit Checks

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 17:07:52 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: G Shaw [mailto:milspectruck@verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:02 PM
To: 'Dick'
Cc: Military Vehicle List
Subject: RE: [MV] Protecting Yourself from Counterfit Checks

Hi Dick, That was me. In the case of a Western Union payment either using
their BillPay service which is sort or a competing product to Paypal or a
conventional transfer where you actually pick up the cash at Western Union
once the payment is made to you it can not be reversed or the amount
attached to your bank balance weeks later when the originating bank reports
the draft was stolen etc. This is unlike Paypal where they simply put a
debit on your Paypal account when a claim is filed by the payee.

Glenn