Re: Robustness of the M105 trailer

From: MYDEUCEANDWILLYS@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 19:16:48 PST

That's a GREAT MV Story, MV wins car loses, nobody really hurt, doesn't get
better than that, on that note At the MTA's annual show 2 years ago i needed
to bring home 2 m35s a cckw and an m38 so i drove the cckw first followed by
a good friend and very capable person and driver tow baring another m 35 that
by the way i do all the time, and 3rd a friend following in m38, SO at a U
turn between a busy highway we all pull in and get to where we need to pull
out, So i see i have enough time to get the cckw across, thinking this is
going to take a minute to cross 2 lanes in this buggy i cross to the shoulder and
think ill wait in the shoulder across the st,as i get to the shoulder i hear
a LOUD SCREECHING And in my little rear view i saw it all, the m35 towing
another pulled out and some guy flying up the fast lane who in my opinion hit
the gas when he saw us trying to get across, wedged his brand new Monte carlo
under the edge of the right front fender the wheel was turned a little left
and the persons seat was tight next to the wheel in-between the fender and
bumper, the bumper acted like a big hook and would have decapitated him in only
a few more inches,
man was i sick, ran to the guy first pulled him out from the passenger side
he said IM OK got him on his feet and he went out like a light, Now the
police are told about our show ahead of time and treat us real well, they don't
ticket anybody who parks badly in our area and gives us great drive thru
security all night, So the police man said "is this guy for real? Were his eyes
closed? " Quickly put down as a no fault but said if the driver try's to contact
you guys IM letting it be known i feel if push comes to shove it was his
fault, Wow that was good to hear, so the moral of the story is Car had to be
flat bedded < and was totalled >man had to be backboarded and ambulance, <but
was fine latter>M35 had a scratched bumper and a dent in the edge of the fender
the size of a base ball. Deuce wins. Randy out