Re: Biodiesel in Cummins NHC250 engines? Any mods needed?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 05:47:42 PST

Yes there are and you won't like it .

   Remove fuel injection pump and take to a
rebuilder and have him replace all rubber
O-rings. When the low sulphur fuel for over the
road trucks went into service back in 91-92
winter I saw hundreds of trucks stranded by the
side of the road for fuel gelling and leaky fuel
pumps. The sulphur expands the o-rings when fuel
contacts the o-rings and keeps them expanded for
no leak operation. When the low sulphur fuel
replaced the old road fuel the o-rings shrink and
the leak begins.

The fix: Remove pump and let fuel injection
rebuilder have his way with it and (generally)
prevents you from having a bad day (Hey Mac!!!
YOUR LEAKIN FUEL!!!)

Replace ALL rubber lines in supply and return
fuel lines if any are found.

--- J <W7LS@BLARG.NET> wrote:

> I know it is supposed to burn and run ok, but
> are there any rubber
> components in the injection pump or fuel system
> that need to be changed
> out to avoid problems on a long term basis?
> Thanks. Jim

James Shanks
1985 M-1009
1998 IMZ 8.103