Re: Veterans Day in Smalltown, Texas

From: bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 13:47:42 PST

My wife pointed out to me that the little girl probably felt she could
trust the Marine and wanted to share
the important news with him, much the same way she would have done if
she had just gotten a new puppy.
It seems that Marines have a way of instilling confidence in people.

Of course I have heard those same words said to Marines overseas with a
totaly different tone of voice.....

Bruce MVPA 23824