Re: inverted "easy out".......

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 17:38:31 PST

ygmir wrote:
> Is there an "inverted" easy out type tool?
> Like, a socket with splines on a left hand twist, or, something like that?

Yes! Go to www.mcmaster.com or www.mscdirect.com, and search on "bolt
extractor". I haven't used these before; I've just seen them in their
catalogs while looking for other things.

I thought that I've seen other similar tools which are intended to be
pounded onto damaged nuts, with a name something like "salvage wrench"
or "salvage socket", but I can't seem to find them right now at the
vendors where I thought I saw them.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/