inverted "easy out".......

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 22:29:09 PST

Hi all,
Ok,
It's a strange question:
Is there an "inverted" easy out type tool?
Like, a socket with splines on a left hand twist, or, something like that?

I have a broken, threaded shaft, recessed in a hole. If I could beat a
socket type arrangement on it, and, turn left, I could get it out. It's to
deep to cut any type of shape into, like a slot and, there isn't enough room
to grind a flat spot or more on the outer edge of said shaft.
But, a socket type arrangement if it could be pounded on and had the left
threaded splines, maybe tapered, that would allow for counterclockwise
turning.......
Any help, ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,
Henry