Re: gas and fuel costs

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 12:23:18 PST

Frank, Ryan, Joe, Everette, Kenny and anyone else who made sensible
contribution to the latest thread on fuel prices,

I really appreciate the input from you guys, it has straightened out a lot
of ( "I wonder's") for me. I know you all remember a few years ago when
fuel prices spiked up suddenly and the truckers shut off their engines and
convoyed to certain places to protest, well I was just wondering why they
didn't take that route this time but it appears that they are getting
certain relief, the big ones anyway, through this surcharge option and
upfront buying, and some of the smaller ones are "going south" Too bad but
I guess they can haul for the big boys and not make as much per mile if they
so choose.

I apologize for the part of the thread that became witless whinning instead
of positive input but as you all know, there is one in every crowd and yes,
I was honest about a month ago when I made comment that it would cost me a
grand to fill my RV Toter tanks when empty, each tank holds 160 gallons.
Sure glad to see it drop a little in the last few days.

Thanks again, many Thanks,

Sonny