Re: Q.s on Welding/installing new floor pans in my M151A2

From: Buzz (muttman@charter.net)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 10:23:46 PST

Hi Mike,
I like to leave about 1/2" of metal to weld to. If you're new to MIG welding
here's a few tips. First and foremost... CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. both metals
using a grinder or wire brush. Next would be a GOOD ground, as close to the
weld as possible. If you have more than a few inches to weld tack weld it every
few inches first, then go back and randomly fill in the gaps. This will keep
the metals from warping on a long weld.
If you're interested here's some restoration photos on my web pages at:
http://webs.lanset.com/buzz/muttrest1.html

Buzz