Q.s on Welding/installing new floor pans in my M151A2

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 09:09:52 PST

Hello Esteemed List Members. I now have in my possession the shiny new Jeep
Panels Plus 2 new replacement front floor pans, 2 front seat mount supports
and battery box floor to install in my 1972 M151A2. I have the Mig welder,
limited use of it skills, the desire to do a workmanlike job, and the desire
to finish this project in this lifetime (preferably this Winter).

How much do I cut out of the rusted floor areas, and then do I clean the
remaining old metal and set my new pans on top of it and weld them in from
inside the jeep and underneath the jeep also? I do have a nice jeep body
rotisserie to flip it every which a way. What is the best tool or tools to
use to cut out the old floor areas? Any web links that will guide me
through this process? Thanks in advance for all help!

Regards,

Mike Nichols, Atlanta GA 30306
Member Ga. MVPA