Re: Q.s on Welding/installing new floor pans in my M151A2

From: Colin Topliss (colint@m151.info)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 10:58:34 PST

Hi,

Leave enough of an overlap to give you something to weld to.

Make sure what you are welding to is sound and very, very clean.

A good grinder with very thin cutting disks for cutting the metal, and
grinding disks for grinding out welds, cleaning etc etc.

Take a look at:

http://www.m151.info/military/m151/restoration/m151restoration.html
http://www.m151.info/military/m151/restoration2/m151restoration.html
http://www.m151.info/military/m151/restoration3/m151restoration.html

for an idea on what you might expect, and what results you can achieve.

Regards

Colin.

--
     ________________