MV's at motorcycle/ATV events

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 16:24:10 PST

This Thanksgiving weekend, I took the M35A2 and M105 trailer out to Red
River Motorcycle Park, using the M105 to haul the 4x4 ATV (quad-bike to
some of ya).

The MV generated alot of interest, and people could not believe how much
truck you get for so little money. (too bad there was no International CXT
to park it next to.) I passed on the message that MV's are fun, cheap to
license, and keep their value as historical items. People were intrigued
that I ran bumper numbers instead of plates. The youngsters were just plain
intrigued. Several veterans came up to our camp and spoke with us. Some
guys who were into radio wanted to see the inside of the shelter, and wow
they said. When I started it up to leave, alot of people watched us hitch
the trailer back up, and, well, watched everything with alot of interest.
One guy was eyeballing my front differential, and said he was into monster
trucks. so I said "well, here's one!" It was interesting that he told me
that although monster-truckers sometimes break the axles on the 2.5-ton
diffs, the 5-ton diffs are considered too heavy, weight wise. (huh?, well
he is the expert) Also discussed the Texas State Guard, and tied that in
with MV's. -good recruiting tool.

Taking out and using your MV for other-than-patriotic sports is a great way
to spread the interest and get the message out.

Pictures are here, we had alot of fun, does anyone else on the list
vigorously ride dirt bikes or ATV's, and use the old MV to haul/camp?

http://rawfire.torche.com/~opcom/20051128_rdrv/index.html

I hope everyone else had as nice a Thanksgiving as we did.

SGT PJ