Re: Lee E

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 16:36:31 PST

So am I the only one that saw R. Lee Ermey in "The Seige of Firebase
Gloria?" His "Hafner" in that was "Hartman" before Full Metal Jacket.
I had read that Stanley Kubrick saw him in Seige, hired him to be
military advisor for FMJ, didn't like his Hartman, and asked RLE to step in.

Regardless, Lee in Seige is classic RLE. An example is a scene where he
walks through the firebase in the middle of the night and, holding a
severed head, says something to the effect of:

"This is Corporal Miller. He fell asleep on watch. I have lost all
respect for this man. And the worst part is, we lost the 50 cal."

I have it on VHS. Looked a long time for it as I recall.

Dan
Auburn, IN