Re: Banjo (?) axle part for my half track

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 20:15:36 PST

Actually it's not set up like a M35 or most front wheel drive vehicles.
Apparently a half track, or at least one made by Autocar has the hub which
is held on by a nut and then this dust cover goes over that. My scout car
is set up like a M211 in that it has only one piece that goes on to join the
axle shaft and the wheel hub. I discovered all this when I noticed one side
of the axle had a nut on the out side of the hub and the other side looked a
lot like a M35 hub. I then noticed a little line about 1/8" down on the
hub, removed the 8 bolts and the dusk cap fell off revealing the retaining
nut. I guess you could make a set of lockout hubs for a scout car, but a
half track would be another story. Pictures of an M8 greyhound show a
similar looking hub as well as on some CCKW's I've seen.

Joe Trapp