Re: M1022 vs M1022A1 container mobilizers

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 22:07:55 PST

At 1:00 PM -0800 12/4/05, Mark J. Blair, NF6X wrote:
>I just determined that my long search for the parts that I would need to
>complete at least one of my three stripped M1022 shelter/container dolly
>sets has been in vain, as my 20' sea containers are all too tall for
>them to connect to anyway. I didn't measure the spacings between the top
>and bottom corner castings accurately, because I was just making a
>go/no-go measurement, and it's very windy today (making it hard to
>handle a tape measure!). I found that the M1022 needs a spacing of
>around 90ish inches between the top and bottom corner casting holes,
>while my containers have hole spacings of around 96ish inches.

I think the containers stayed the same width, the
civilian ISO containers are taller at 8'6". As I
understand it the new M1022A1 are able to handle
8' and 8'6" containers with the upper part able
to change height. The A1 model pins the shelter
from the side at the bottom and from the top at
the top of the shelter. Rather than hooking in
from the side. So the clamping mechanism

You've looked at CDK's page on the M1022A1 right?
http://www.cdkmobile.com/m1022.htm
http://www.cdkmobile.com/container_transport.htm

They've got a video of a mobilizer being connected.

>So, do any of y'all know whether the newer M1022A1 shelter dolly (the
>one with the two small diesel engines) can be adjusted to connect to
>containers of different heights? If so, can anybody tell me the specific
>heights (if it's adjusted with pins) or the range of heights (if it's
>continuously adjustable), so that I can measure my containers more
>carefully to see if an M1022A1 could move them?
>
>Hmm, I should probably verify the width, too! :-/
>
>I'd like to determine whether I should bother to keep looking for an
>M1022A1, or just give up on being able to move around my own containers.

They're fairly new, I'm not sure if you'll find one surplused.
  You should be able to find 8' tall containers.
Check with the container sales people they might

have some 8' tall units somewhere.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)