Re: M35 air hose

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 19:24:28 PST

42Ford GPW wrote:
> Was there an actual military version of an auxillary air hose used, or
> included, with M35's or M211's ?
>
> If so, were can I buy one......or do most people just make up a hose ?
>
> It looks like you could either hook up an air hose thru one of the
> trailer air couplings...or use the outlet on the passenger side

> floorboard area.

Some (but not all, I think) of my deuces have had air outlets under the
dash. I think I've seen the "real" air hoses listed on eBay every now
and then. If you're not overly concerned with having exactly the correct
kit for your truck, it's really easy to make up a usable hose. A glad
hand should cost under $10 at a truck-parts store. You'll need a reducer
to go from the 1/2" NPT threads on the glad hand to the 1/4" NPT threads
on common air hoses. The rest of the parts that you'll need (hose with
threaded ends, air chuck, and any other quick-disconnects or accessories
that you may choose to include) are available at Home Depot, Pep Boys, etc.

Maybe I'll buy a "real" mil surplus hose someday if I happen across one
at a good price, but so far I've just used home-made ones. I haven't
bothered to figure out what fitting(s) I'd need to match the outlets
under the dashes of any of my trucks; I just use the rear "emergency"
glad hand for my air source.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/