What happened to "Boys in Company C" (Re: Lee E)

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 21:41:58 PST

>So am I the only one that saw R. Lee Ermey in "The Seige of Firebase
>Gloria?" His "Hafner" in that was "Hartman" before Full Metal Jacket.
>I had read that Stanley Kubrick saw him in Seige, hired him to be
>military advisor for FMJ, didn't like his Hartman, and asked RLE to step in.

The odd thing is that he was a DI in "The Boys in Company C" (1978) nine
years before "Full Metal Jacket" (1987) and one year before his part in
"Apocalypse Now" (1979) as a helicopter pilot yet his own website makes no
mention of Company C at all anywhere, his film history according to him
starts with Apocalypse. Some legal issue maybe???

BTW, as someone stated on one message board, we've been waiting for Company
C to come out on DVD longer than the war was.

later,

je