Re: Deuce Air hoses and glad hands availability

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 08:55:16 PST

Sarge, to complete the saga while wasting even more time......

Does anyone know why they are called glad hands??? I wonder if they
were first called "gland handles" or somethng like that. And perhaps
that morphed into glad hands... The word Gland referring to packing as
in Gland packing.. a terminology used often in pump seals.

Just curious, and continuing the tradition of chasing such nonsensical
trivia.... (;->)

Dave