Re: Deuce Air hoses and glad hands availability

From: Sarge (micdunn@mail.ev1.net)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 22:57:59 PST

Sarge here.
Did you ever have something gnaw at you and you just had to find
the answer? Even if its a completely dumb waste of time? Well,
this whole glad hand/doughnut/donut/air seal/high hat/doohickey
discussion just wasted 2 hours of my life that I'll never get
back.
The military calls glad hands, well, glad hands. Unless you are
ordering some new ones, in which case you will kindly refer to
them as Coupling Half, Quick, part number MS35746-1. NSN blah blah
blah. If you fill out the order form asking for Hands, Glad, you
will get nothing.
If you want some of the little black round doohickeys, you will
refer to them as "Packing, Preformed.",part number 213630, CAGE
06853, NSN blah blah blah.
All you vets (who used the supply system) know that packing,
preformed is what the military calls any round rubber doohickey of
which there are literally hundreds of thousands of different types
in use.
That should end this discussion, but I know it won't, because one
of you is bound to contradict me :) Go right ahead, knock me off
my soap box, I am impervious to little things like facts :)
Sarge out.

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net