Re: easy 5-ton question

From: Dave Sofio (dave.nfesc@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 11:17:58 PST

uhhh...lug wrench? not sure I've even got one. Is there a well-hidden
location where one might find this shining technical marvel? The
behind-the-cab toolbox (M51 dump) is long gone.

But even on close inspection, I couldn't see how the studs might hold
the "inners" in place. The stud threads end just outside the
newly-exposed part of the inner rim dish, & there is no change in stud
diameter visible, so it's hard to imagine how the studs would work to
keep the inners in place. But I'll take three...make that four now...
people's word for it & try to come up with a facsimile for a
square-drive lug wrench, and see what loosens.

Maybe this IS worth a look through the 800 files on my CD...

Thanks for the replies.

--Dave