storage & knowing what it all consists of...

From: Dave Sofio (dave.nfesc@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 18:42:08 PST

Hi Wayne,

There's a very useful freeware product called "treesize" that gives you all manner of displays of your folders and their sizes. Very useful to help put in perspective what it is that is taking up all of your storage, and what's not worth worrying about as well, and you can manage files right there.

The free version is adequate for anything I've needed to do, though they try to upsell you if it notices you're looking at very large files (big deal!)

See http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=23075&fileidx=1# .

I still owe you macadamia nuts (or lots of other tips) for the M51 CD documentation you sent me... about a year ago now...!

Dave