Re: OT Computer Question

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 14:14:22 PST

This is what I would do. Buy a new and bigger hard drive - 33 GB is
wimpy by todays standards. 200 Gigabytes is very common and about $100
at Sams Club and other locations. Most hard drives come with software
that allow you to move your existing software and operating system on
the old drive to the new one. You install the new second hard drive
into the system and basically copy the original to the new drive. Then
use your new big monster drive as your new main drive. Remove the old
drive and buy a portable USB drive housing and use it as an external
drive. Or just leave the old drive in the system as a second drive.
You can delete the windows directory off the old drive since it will no
longer be the boot drive.

If none of this makes sense, figure out what you want to do and take the
computer to a computer shop to have them do the swap out. It's very
easy if you work with computers a lot, but you can really screw things
up if you get confused and make a mistake.

Dave