Re: Chinese mil plans

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 19:42:32 PST

> Mil-Veh content...I wonder if their MBT's and front
> line aircraft are built
> with the same substandard metals and construction as
> the junk they export...
>
> Rob

Don't count on that! Remember your history? How the
Allies in WWII portrayed the Japanese as 3rd class
soldiers who couldnt see in the dark... reality came
as a rather costly surprise.

You might be buying crap hammers for 99c, but dont
expect their MBT's, fighters, or ships to be anything
less that top notch.

BTW, don't forget, the Chinese have been buying up old
aircraft carriers to study various methodologies,
technologies, and concepts..studying not only how to
build theirs, but also US and Russian "concepts" with
a view towards detecting weaknesses to be exploited in
attacks...

Here are just a couple of stories from 2005

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/17/world/main1053520.shtml

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050609-120336-4092r.htm

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2005/03/18/2003246717

chee